Black Bean Burgers with Greek Yogurt Burger Sauce
Looking for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian burger option? Look no further than these flavourful black bean burgers! Packed with protein and fiber, black bean burgers are a delicious way to satisfy your burger cravings while still sticking to a plant-based diet. Perfect for lunch or dinner, these burgers are easy to make and can be customized to your taste preferences. Whether you’re a die-hard meat lover or a veggie enthusiast, this black bean burger recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Black Bean Patty Recipe
Serving: 5 patties
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed, and dried (I like to gather mine in a tea towel and wring out any excess water).
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ of a finely chopped bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (½ tbsp minced garlic)
- ¾ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- pinch salt + pepper
- Sauté olive oil, chopped pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the peppers are softened, and the onion is translucent. Then gently blot some of the moisture out with a paper towel.
- Next, place all your ingredients in a food processor and pulse everything together (I left mine a little chunky).
- Form into patties (about 1/3 cup each) and place on a plate or baking dish lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1 hour.
- For baking, heat a tsp of olive oil in a medium pan, fry the patty for 6-7 mins on each side and enjoy!
*Can freeze or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Greek Yogurt Burger Sauce
*I didn’t really measure anything- these are my estimates. You can adjust to your liking.
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp mustard
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- ½ tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Mix all together and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy cooking this recipe! if you have any questions or feedback please comment down below. xx
Leave a Reply